An offering of literary hors d’oeuvres to slight to be entrees… but tasty and tempting nonetheless….


A gathering of essays, opinions

…answers to questions not yet asked


A scattering of poems

…some old, some new, some funny, some true


A smattering of random thoughts

…late at night, walking the dog, half asleep

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Beginnings

                                                                         .

I touch the tiny dot on the smooth white paper with the tip of my finger. I taste it, it spreads rich and sweet along my tongue. What will I write today? How will I shape it into words that group and grow and become stories, opening doors, feeding the world with my ambled thoughts?

Beginnings are wonder full, scary opens the door that lets in excitement, a briny taste in the back of my mouth promises adventure and something NEW.

I watch the dot soften, wobble, stretch and split apart with tiny spaces in between…words, my words have begun! 

I write a kaleidoscope of images, living again my life, a myriad of phrases, memories.  I break them down, rebuild into patterns full of new vistas.   

I hear the vivid voices scrambling over one another, eager for first place. I choose the noisiest ones and temper them down with a soft whoosh of memory and love for all that has played in the past.

There is so much to come but now, the new, the ever, the fresh, the bursting, blooming beginning!



                                             .

No comments:

Post a Comment